This crunchy granola bar recipe makes delicious crunchy bars loaded with oats, honey, almonds and topped with chocolate chips for the perfect after school snacks or special treat for the holidays. It’s simply satisfying!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplySatisfying #CollectiveBias
We eat a lot of homemade granola bars in my house. Sometimes we make granola and other times we buy it.
I find that we go through it quite a bit and Quaker® Simply Granola is my go-to option for feeding a crowd because there is plenty to go around.
For the holidays, I love to add it to my cookies, pancakes and brownies.
It adds just the best crunch and flavor to anything you make.
Give this Crunchy Granola Bar Recipe as a gift
We do a lot of baking during the month of December.
It’s a great time to make cookies and brownies and spend time with family.
I also participate in a few cookie exchange parties.
We stick to a some traditional favorites but also enjoy trying new recipes.
And when we’re done we have plenty of baked goods to offer when visiting others over the holidays.
It makes a great gift to give that’s from the heart.
Using granola is a great way to get a little extra something special in this simple recipe.
These granola bars are easy to make and perfect for holiday baking with the kids because they can help out in the kitchen.
Granola adds crunch to anything you put it in and when my kids are not gobbling it down by the handfuls out of the box, they are adding it to their yogurt for breakfast or sprinkling it on top of a bowl of morning oatmeal.
These bars serve as healthy snacks after school and are great in lunch boxes with apples, pears or other kinds of fresh fruit.
What ingredients are needed to make granola bars
Pick up a few ingredients from the grocery store. You’ll need a few pantry staples as well.
Granola. Grab a box of Quaker Simply Granola in the flavor you want.
Eggs. You’ll need three.
Butter. Give yourself time to soften the butter to room temperature.
Flour. I prefer all-purpose but feel free to use white whole wheat flour to make these bars even healthier.
Chocolate chips. I prefer dark chocolate but semi-sweet and milk work well too.
How to make this crunchy granola bar recipe
Prepare a baking dish with parchment paper and preheat the oven.
Using a stand mixer or hand mixer with large mixing bowl, beat together the wet ingredients.
Next, combine the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and add in the granola and chocolate chips.
Spoon the granola bar mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread the batter evenly to the corners.
Use a rubber spatula to ensure an even layer.
Bake the bars for 35 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing into squares using a sharp knife.
The bars are ready to eat or freeze in an airtight container for later.
Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Honey & Almonds is a great source of fiber with only 9 gram of fat per serving.
It’s made with wholesome ingredients including old-fashioned oats that packs a protein punch of 10 grams per cup.
It also comes in several other flavors that include nuts and dried fruit. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and crunchy.
Quaker® Simply Granola was easy to find at my local Walmart.
I’m not home five minutes before it flies off the pantry shelf.
Get baking this holiday season and be sure to add Quaker® Simply Granola to your Walmart shopping list.
Get lots of inspiration for your holiday baking.
More Easy Recipes for Breakfast
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
The Best Homemade Crunchy Granola Bar Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Honey & Almonds
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- The edges of the parchment paper will allow you to remove the baked bars from the pan to easily slice into squares.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until well blended. Add in the remaining wet ingredients and continue to beat for another minute.
- Mix in the dry ingredients including the flour, baking powder and salt and beat until well combined.
- Slowly stir in the granola mixture and chocolate chips. Spoon the granola bar mixture into the prepared pan and use a rubber spatula to spread an even layer to the corners.
- Bake granola bars for 35 minutes or golden brown on top.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Lift the parchment from the pan and cut the bars on a cutting board with a sharp knife into squares.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!