This grilled Flank Steak Salad with Strawberries features marinated flank steak sliced thin and topped on a bed of greens with fresh summer strawberries.
Strawberries are in season right now and I’m having so much fun creating unique and delicious recipes featuring these juicy, red berries.
I have them in my fridge all year long but they really do taste best in the spring and summer. They are just so sweet!
A strawberries are not just for dessert.
They are delicious served as an appetizer, in jams or in salads!
They pair so well with all kinds of greens. Last night we grilled a large marinated flank steak for the family and had plenty leftover for lunch today.
I love the combination of this tender beef with sweet, juicy strawberries.
What’s even better is when you add spicy pecans and fresh blue cheese crumbles to intensify the flavor of your salad.
Be sure to use a fresh spring mix or baby spinach.
Next, I whipped up a homemade strawberry balsamic vinaigrette to drizzle on top.
You couldn’t order a more delicious salad in a restaurant I’m afraid.
Is flank steak a good cut of meat?
If you haven’t had the pleasure of tasting flank steak, you don’t know what you’re missing.
Similar to skirt steak it does require a marinade to tenderize and should only be cooked to rare or medium rare for the most tender texture.
It’s an inexpensive, generous cut of meat that goes along way.
In my opinion, it’s as good as filet mignon!
Let this flank steak bathe in a marinade for at least four hours before grilling it to perfection. Sliced thin and across the grain is the way to go.
Make sure you purchase at least 2 pounds if you’re serving a hungry family of four and want leftovers.
I love to pick strawberries in the summer or pick up berries at the local farm market because they’re so much more flavorful than what you can get at the grocery store.
They’re smaller but sweeter. And perfect for the salad.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Grilled Flank Steak Salad with Strawberries
- 4 cups baby spring lettuce mix
- 1 pound grilled flank steak
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sweet & spicy pecans
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon strawberry preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the grill to medium. Grill the flank steak according to my recipe. Once the steak has rested, slice the steak into thin pieces across the grain.
- In a small jar whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, strawberry preserves and pepper.
- Arrange the lettuce mix in a bowl. Arrange the flank steak on top of the salad. Next, top with pecans and blue cheese. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and serve.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
Sharing easy recipes to help you be more confident in the kitchen.
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!
What You’ll Need for this Flank Steak Salad with Strawberries