Goat Cheese Pizza with Nectarines & Prosciutto feature sweet juicy nectarines paired with salty prosciutto and creamy goat cheese. This turns an ordinary pizza into something phenomenal.
It’s summer and I’ve been enjoying this season’s stone fruits. I’m not particular when it comes to selecting peaches over nectarines.
I like them both. The fuzzy skin of a peach doesn’t bother me. But for those who prefer smooth and fuzzless, nectarines are just as delicious.
Stone fruits go so well with goat cheese and honey and this recipe is no exception. There’s something about the creamy texture of the cheese and the sweet nectar from the fruit when you put them together.
Be sure to check out a few of my favorite stone fruit desserts.
Sometimes you just have to step away from traditional pepperoni.
How to make a goat cheese pizza with nectarines and prosciutto
For this gourmet pizza, I picked up a couple prepackaged flatbreads, or naan, from the bakery section of the grocery store.
Next, I draped nectarine slices over salad greens and creamy goat cheese and added bits of salty prosciutto. A drizzle of summer honey and aged balsamic vinegar and this pizza goes from grill to plate in about 10 minutes.
Don’t be afraid to experiment when it comes to creating unique and flavorful pizzas.
How do you like your nectarines?
Other recipe ideas using stone fruits?
- Granola Parfaits with Peaches & Blueberries
- Peach & Blueberry Trifle
- Peach Crostini with Whipped Honey Ricotta
- Rosemary Honey Peach Frozen Yogurt
- Authentic Peach Pico de Gallo
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Grilled Nectarine Prosciutto Pizza
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 1 nectarine, sliced
- 2 ounces prosciutto
- 2-4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- Cracked black pepper
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the grill to medium low, around 300°F. Prepare each naan on a baking sheet adding crumbled goat cheese to each flatbread. Add a 1/4 cup of mixed greens on top. Top with pieces of chopped prosciutto. Arrange half the nectarines slices on each pizza. Add cracked black pepper and drizzled honey to taste.
- Place the baking sheet on the grill and allow the pizzas to "bake" until the goat cheese has melted and the greens have slightly wilted, about 10 minutes. Transfer the pizzas from the baking sheet to a cutting board. Drizzle each pizza with aged balsamic vinegar, slice and serve.
What You’ll Need for the Grill