Enjoy grilled salmon fillets with a peach glaze for an easy summer dinner.
Peaches are plentiful this summer and they’re delicious paired with fresh fish.
Like my grilled swordfish recipe, this flavorful summertime dinner is a healthy winner.
A sweet peach glaze is all that’s needed to complement this grilled salmon.
I love fresh grilled salmon. It is one fish you can’t screw up if you keep it simple.
This 30-minute recipe comes together quickly at the end of a busy day.
Grilled salmon is a healthy option the whole family will enjoy.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read our disclosure policy.
How to make Grilled Salmon Fillets
Choose fresh salmon if possible or thaw from frozen. The fish should be bright pink in color and firm to the touch.
My go-to salmon is wild sockeye because it is more flavorful than farm raised and just tastes better. I usually will buy the entire fillet.
Slice the fish into individual pieces before grilling.
Season each piece with salt and pepper and drizzle it with a little olive oil.
Place each piece onto a piece of aluminum foil skin down.
Using a pastry brush, add the peach glaze to the top of the salmon. Be generous with the glaze.
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place the foil containing the fish onto the center rack of the grill and close the lid, cooking for about 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Temperature for grilled salmon
An instant read thermometer is the best way to check for doneness at 145°F.
To keep from overcooking, remove the salmon from the grill at about 140°F and let it rest for about five minutes.
Transfer the salmon to a platter. The salmon should pull away from the skin easily.
What to serve alongside grilled salmon
- Couscous with Grilled Vegetables
- Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Roasted Rosemary Hassleback Potatoes
- Roasted Provencal Vegetables
- Baked Lemon Risotto
Remember to subscribe to HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER to get the latest recipes delivered directly to your inbox!
Grilled Salmon Fillets with a Peach Glaze
- Four 6-ounce salmon fillets
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh peach jam
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 /4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Prepare the glaze by mixing together the jam, lime juice, honey, bourbon and cayenne pepper until smooth.
- Heat the grill to medium and season the salmon with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the fish fillets on a piece of aluminum foil skin side down. Drizzle each piece of salmon with the peach glaze, reserving any extra.
- Place the aluminum foil containing the fish onto the heated grill and close the lid, cooking for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches about 140°F.
- Remove the fish from the grill and allow it to sit for about five minutes. It will continue cooking and be flaky without being overcooked.
- Transfer to a platter and spoon the reserved glaze over the grilled salmon.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!