This easy hashbrown breakfast casserole is cheesy comfort food in the morning. This is the perfect breakfast casserole to feed a group of hungry mouths.
It was my turn to feed 30 plus hungry swimmers after a conditioning workout.
I came up with this easy recipe and it was swimmer approved.
It was important for me to create some kind of casserole containing protein and carbs that I could make the night before and could be reheated at 6 am. the next morning.
When you’re cooking for a crowd having an easy to follow recipe with every day ingredients takes the stress out of providing a big breakfast.
What you need to make this easy hashbrown breakfast casserole?
Eggs are cheap and easy to find at your local grocer. They also pack a punch in the protein department.
A few bags of frozen hash brown potatoes and shredded cheddar cheese and voila, breakfast is served!
If purchasing plain hash brown potatoes, a little diced onion and red pepper would add great flavor.
I chose a shortcut for this recipe and used O’Brien style hash browns which are loaded with peppers and onions.
It saved me one extra step preparing this recipe. After all I was making more than one casserole. These 30 hungry swimmers are big eaters.
Because there are a few vegetarians on the team I kept this casserole meat-free. But you could easily add crispy bacon bits or browned sausage to the recipe.
An hour in the oven until the scrambled eggs are firm and the potatoes are soft is all it takes.
This hash brown egg bake would be perfect for any holiday breakfast. It can be made ahead of time, refrigerated and simply reheated in a 350°F oven for about an hour. Just be sure to cover with foil while reheating to keep the casserole from drying out.
I also served these hungry swimmers my Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bake.
That is another great recipe chock-full of oats, sweet apples, crunchy pecans and plump juicy raisins. It serves a crowd and is a holiday crowd pleaser.
Be sure to get that recipe too.
Hungry for more?
Try these delicious breakfast ideas:
- Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast or English Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Shrimp Breakfast Bowl
- Apple Pie Pancake Casserole
BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER TO GET THE BEST RECIPES IN YOUR MAILBOX FOR THE SEASON – SIGN UP HERE
Easy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- 1 32-ounce bag frozen hash browns, with peppers and onions
- 15 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper
- 1 pack bacon,
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan with cooking spray.
- If adding bacon, chop the bacon before frying. Fry the bacon pieces until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Mix together the eggs and one cup of the shredded cheddar cheese. Add half the bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Add the frozen hash brown potatoes and mixed together well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole pan and top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake for one hour or until the top is golden brown and the casserole is fork firm. Serve immediately.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!