Jazz up plain jasmine rice by adding fresh squeezed lime juice, black beans and chopped cilantro. It’s an easy side dish that takes 20 minutes from start to finish.
You will not believe how fresh lime juice can transform the flavor of this simple side dish. It’s so delicious!
It’s the perfect addition to any Mexican dinner. And did I mention it’s healthy!
Rice is a common staple in my household. I have two athletes and it’s an easy way to fill their bellies.
It also refrigerate so easily. Just reheat it and add your favorite add-ins.
Plain rice can be boring so jazz it up by adding fiber-rich black beans and fresh squeezed lime juice.
Sprinkle some chopped cilantro to transform the flavor. ‘Ole!
I serve up this easy side dish on taco Tuesdays in my house. It’s great served with burritos, and enchiladas and tacos.
I’ve even been known to add fresh chopped tomatoes and avocado to this healthy rice one-pot dish.
On fish night, I’ll add fresh chopped mango or pineapple to this rice dish.
Top with jerk seasoned mahi mahi and you’ll think you were on a Caribbean island.
It’s also delicious with anything off the grill. Mojo pork or cilantro lime marinated chicken are delicious to serve alongside this jasmine rice.
Be sure to check out my jasmine rice with plantains and cilantro too!
Let me know what you think of this recipe as well as my plantain rice recipe in the comments below.
Hungry for more?
Pin this recipe on Pinterest!
Flip this recipe on Flipboard!
Jasmine Rice with Fresh Lime, Black Beans & Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- Mix together two cups of water, 1 tablespoon olive oil and one cup of jasmine rice and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover allowing the rice to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Once the rice has cooked for almost 10 to 15 minutes and the water has evaporated stir in the lime juice, the black beans and cilantro.
- Finish cooking until the rice is completely cooked and the beans are warm, about 5 minutes more.