Are you a fan of leftovers? You will be after you give this leftover pulled pork chili a try.
I made two pork tenderloins for dinner this week by slow cooking them in the crockpot. We used the meat to make shredded pork tacos loaded with toppings.
They were delicious. But we had lots of leftover pork. What’s a mom to do?
Shred it and make leftover pork tenderloin chili for an easy dinner!
This recipe works great on the stove or in a crockpot. And it couldn’t be easier to make. Just toss the leftover pork tenderloin into a stand mixer and set the control to one to shred the pork. Alternatively, shred the pork with two forks.
Then just add the pork and rest of the ingredients into a crockpot and let it simmer until done.
How to make Pulled Pork Chili
Use up that leftover pork tenderloin using an easy dump it and forget it recipe.
Shred the pork, add in your choice of beans, canned tomatoes and corn and sprinkle in some spices.
I love it when dinner comes together easily. I usually have one kid coming home from his activity while the other is headed out the door.
We don’t always get to sit down together as a family.
This pot of chili can stay warm until dinner time, whenever that may be.
The addition of corn, black beans and green chilies gives this chili a real authentic southwestern taste.
Serve it with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and diced avocado.
More great dinner ideas using leftovers
- Leftovers Cottage Pie
- Sweet Potato Hash with Ground Turkey
- Crab Bisque (30-Minute Recipe)
- Easy & Healthy Beef Burrito Bowls
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Leftover Pulled Pork Chili
- 1 pound leftover pork tenderloin, shredded shredded
- 1 16-ounce can of chili beans, mild sauce
- 1 16-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4-ounce can green chilies
- 3 14-ounce cans fire roasted tomato
- 1 4-ounce can of sweet corn
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced avocado
- Add the leftover cooked pork tenderloin, chili beans, black beans, green chilies, fire roasted tomatoes and corn to a soup pot or crockpot. Add the spices and simmer on low for 3 to 4 hours. Serve with cheddar cheese and diced avocado.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
Recipe creator and photographer￼
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!