My maple roasted brussel sprouts are the ideal side dish for any holiday dinner. They are caramelized with sweet onions, crunchy pecans and drizzled with a maple mustard dressing.
This past holiday season I had dinner at a restaurant called the Guild House, here in downtown Columbus, Ohio.
We ordered an appetizer, yes appetizer, of maple roasted brussels sprouts that was topped with finely shredded cheddar cheese and crunchy pecans.
Brussel Sprout Ingredients:
How to make these Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts:
This recipe is really easy to make and perfect for any holiday dinner.
Clean and slice the brussels sprouts. Peel off the outer leaves and use a sharp knife to slice the brussels sprouts in half. Add them to a bowl.
Drizzle olive oil over the brussels sprouts. Then season the sprouts with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Roast until golden brown. Bake for 20 minutes. The brussels sprouts should take on a nice charred look.
Sauté the onions. While the brussels sprouts are roasting, slowly sauté the onions over medium heat with a little bit of olive oil for about 10 minutes.
Add the pecans. Time to toast these pecans until they take on a nice golden hue. Next, set the pan aside.
Make the dressing. Combine the apple cider vinegar, water, maple syrup and mustard, then allow the sauce to simmer until it reduces slightly.
Serve! Remove the brussels sprouts from the oven and transfer them to a bowl. Mix in the pecan and onion mixture and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle the cheese on top and you are ready to go!
Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 20 brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silicone baking sheet.
- In a bowl, toss the brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the brussels sprouts on the baking sheet then place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onions over medium heat in the remaining olive oil for about 10 minutes before adding the pecans. Continue sautéing until the onions are caramelized golden brown.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, stir together the apple cider vinegar, water, maple syrup and mustard. Allow the sauce to reduce slightly, about five minutes.
- Once the brussel sprouts have roasted and are golden brown, remove them from the oven and transfer them to a bowl. Add the onions and pecans and drizzle on the maple mustard sauce. Sprinkle the cheese on top and serve immediately.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
Recipe creator and photographer￼
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!