Bring home the flavors of the Mediterranean in this easy and healthy chickpea salad.
Garden ripe tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers and chickpeas are the key ingredients in this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad.
Toss in some fragrant cilantro and some fresh mozzarella cheese and you’ve got the perfect side for your picnic or party.
I created my own version of this dish after tasting something similar. We are lucky to live on a cul-de-sac where we really get along with all of our neighbors.
Shafi and Sabrina often share with us the spicy and delicious flavors of Bangladesh. Their tandoori chicken and beef curry are out of this world. And their version of this chickpea and vegetable salad is full of flavor with a little heat.
I did my best to replicate this recipe and I think it turned out great!
A little different but delicious nonetheless. I think often times it’s the fresh ingredients that can make or break a recipe.
Middle Eastern Chickpea and Vegetable Salad
- 1 16 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 4 ounce can green chilies, drained
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. Chill for at least a half an hour for serving.