Topped with a boozy bourbon maple whipped cream, these crustless pumpkin pies come in individual portions and will please everyone.
This post contains amazon affiliate links which means if you make a purchase after clicking one of those links, I will receive a small commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keep everyone at your Thanksgiving table happy with their own serving of pumpkin pie.
Delicious and easy because this traditional pumpkin pie is missing the crust.
This gluten free pumpkin pies recipe couldn’t be easier. The filling took five minutes to mix together.
No rolling out the crust!
Burned edges? Nope!
No cracked pie!
Have you ever baked a pumpkin pie and had the creamy custard crack right down the middle?
To avoid that, these mini pumpkin pies are baked in a hot water bath.
Everyone gets their own serving.
Deliciously creamy like custard should be!
And suitable for all your gluten-free guests this Thanksgiving.
These mini crustless servings are cooked in their own ramekins and take less time in the oven yet still taste like traditional pumpkin pie.
I amped up the flavor by adding a splash of Kentucky bourbon and sweet maple syrup to my whipped cream for an adult dessert.
How to bake crustless pumpkin pies in a water bath
- Using a bath helps temper the heat of the oven and adds moisture preventing cracking and a rubbery pie surface.
- Using a lower heat along with boiling water allows for a more even baking time.
- Make sure to use boiling water so your mini pumpkin pies cook faster.
- Use a paper towel in the pan to keep the ramekins from sliding around.
- Add the boiling water to the pan after you place it in the oven.
- Remove one of the ramekins from the dish to make it easier to add the boiling water.
More ideas for your holiday dinner:
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Apples
- Easy Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Cornbread Pudding
- Boursin Creamed Corn
- Roasted Provencal Vegetables
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
No Crust Mini Pumpkin Pies with Bourbon Maple Whipped Cream
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Boil a tea pot full of water and set it aside once boiling. Place one paper towel on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch glass casserole dish. Place six ramekins on top of the paper towel.
- Mix together the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and vanilla.
- Fill each of the ramekins with the pumpkin pie filling. Remove one of the filled ramekins from the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish containing the ramekins in the middle of the oven.
- Pour the hot water slowly into the glass baking dish half way up the sides of the ramekins being careful not to splash hot water onto the pie filling.
- Replace the missing ramekin back into the pan and close the oven door.
- Bake for 35 minutes then remove the dish from the oven and allow the ramekins to cool for about 20 minutes on a wire rack.
- Whip together the maple syrup, bourbon and whipping cream using your stand or hand mixer for 4 to 5 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. Serve a dollop on top of each ramekin.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!