Delicious for fall, these moist and sweet pumpkin cupcakes are sprinkled with chocolate chips and topped with cream cheese frosting.
It’s fall. The kids are back in school so on my calendar, summer is officially over. 😔
Nothing spells fall and harvest time more than apples and pumpkins.
And back to school is the best time to make sweet treats that the kids can enjoy at the end of a busy day.
My kids love my two-ingredient pumpkin spice muffins as an after school snack.
This recipe is similar with the addition of semi sweet chocolate morsels and cream cheese icing with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
What I love about this recipe is that just about everything you need is something you already have in your kitchen pantry.
I always have a can of pumpkin and a bag of chocolate chips stored away because you never know when you might need them.
This recipe calls for one cup of canned pumpkin. My pups are always willing to finish off what’s left in the can.
After all, I can not say no to those sweet faces.
My recipe features four spices that complement pumpkin – cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg.
If you have pumpkin pie spice, use a teaspoon of that instead. This recipe will still be delicious if you only have a few of these spices readily on hand.
I like to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top after I have frosted these cupcakes. Who can say no to a fork full of this deliciousness?
WANT TO TRY THESE PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES?
PIN THEM TO YOUR DESSERT OR FALL BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
For the frosting
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cupcake tin with liners. Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl then add to the mixer.
- Combine until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake tins, feeling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 to 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool for five minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the confectioners sugar, the butter and cream cheese. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.