Next time you have company, dress up your dinner plates with these roasted rosemary mini potatoes.
Fancy looking on a plate, these oven-roasted potatoes take no more time than larger potatoes to make.
But they taste better.
That’s because Hasselback oven roasted baby potatoes are crispy on the edges yet creamy in the middle.
They are the perfect accompaniment to any main dish.
What are baby potatoes
Baby potatoes, also called new potatoes, are dug up from the ground before they have had a chance to fully mature.
Similar to fingerling potatoes and baby red potatoes and in that they are small, these small honey gold potatoes have a buttery sweet flavor.
They are perfect for making smashed potatoes or just roasting in a hot oven.
These potatoes are sliced into thin rounds yet are connected on the bottoms.
After they’ve been cooking for a while the wedges begin to fan out.
A drizzle of butter and oil between the slices halfway through the cooking process results in what I like to call “the most delicious accordion potatoes.”
It’s my favorite way to make these potatoes.
Couldn’t you just sink your fork into these babies!
What you’ll need for this baby potato recipe
Swing by the grocery store for a few simple ingredients.
I used honey gold potatoes for this recipe.
These bite sized little potatoes are high in fiber and vitamin C.
You can find these in the produce section near the bags of Idaho and Yukon gold potatoes.
Next find the fresh herbs and purchase several sprigs of rosemary.
Also pick up fresh garlic, olive oil and butter.
How to make this perfect side dish
These potatoes take a few minutes of prep time.
Cut slits into these minis being carefully not to slice all the way through the bottoms.
Toss them in melted butter and olive oil then season.
Bake them for about 30 minutes and serve them hot.
They’re buttery sweet and simply sprinkled with fresh rosemary.
I also use herbes de provence in winter when I can’t grown my own fresh herbs.
When made Hasselback style, they’re even more delicious.
The butter has had a chance to melt into the center of the crispy potatoes resulting in creamy bliss.
They are the perfect companion to grilled meats and are a simple side dish for any holiday table.
Any kind of potato can be served Hasselback style, but I preferred to use the smaller bite-size potatoes if I’m simply oven roasting.
I’ll use russet potatoes if I’m adding cheddar cheese and bacon.
Serve these babies for dinner tonight.
What to serve with mini honey gold potatoes
- How to Make Turkey Meatloaf
- Cast Iron Salmon
- Easy Beef Kebabs Marinade Recipe
- How to Cook Beef Brisket in the Oven
- Easy Cheesy Chicken with Zucchini, Spinach and Squash
- Easy Braised Beef Short Ribs Recipe (with Red Wine)
Easy Crispy Oven Roasted Honey Gold Potatoes Recipe
- 28 ounces honey-gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut slits on the small potatoes being careful not to cut through completely.
- Next place potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle half of the olive oil and melted butter over the potatoes reserving the rest.
- Season with the chopped garlic and salt and pepper.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet pan and sprinkle with the chopped rosemary.
- Roast potatoes for 15-20 minutes as they start to fan out.
- Brush the reserved olive oil and butter over the baby gold potatoes allowing it to drip in between the slices.
- Continue roasting until golden brown, another 15 minutes. Serve hot.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!