Plan a game day to remember by serving these spicy shredded buffalo chicken sliders oozing with melted cheese and pair of them with a cold premium pilsener.
Messaging below is intended for ages 21+ and is intended to be enjoyed responsibly, in moderation: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and it’s advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeersAndBuns #CollectiveBias
For the big game, I’ve decided to serve up my shredded buffalo chicken sliders and pair them with some tasty craft beer.
My husband and I are avid college football and basketball fans. We are loyal sports nuts who love to entertain with friends at home and down on campus. We have so many delicious and easy recipes we serve up to a crowd regularly on game day.
Feed a Crowd
What better way to cheer on your favorite team than with a game winning sandwich and pilsener beer combination. These easy sandwiches are made casserole style so they are easy to grab and you can make enough to feed a crowd.
To make these buffalo sliders I needed the right kind of sandwich bun – something soft and sweet. No ordinary roll will do! Pepperidge Farm® Bakery Classics Sweet and Soft Slider Buns are the perfect choice for every tailgate party.
How to make Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Easy to make, these buffalo sliders use rotisserie chicken from the Kroger deli. No one wants to spend all day in the kitchen.
This is a great shortcut to get this casserole sandwich dish baked and served in no time.
I simply shredded the chicken and added plenty of buffalo wing sauce to get that tangy taste I just love.
Layer the bottom of the casserole pan with the bottom half of the slider buns.
Top each bun with saucy shredded chicken and a combination of provolone and mozzarella cheeses.
Add the top of the bun, and pop the entire casserole pan into the oven to melt the cheese until it is ooey-gooey delicious. It just doesn’t get any easier than that.
Game day just wouldn’t be the same without the right kind of beer on hand. I made sure to have plenty of Warsteiner Premium German Pilsener (or any other tasty pilsner-style beer) on ice so friends could grab a cold one to drink with their sandwiches.
I’m a big fan of pilsners, and Warsteiner tastes great with these sliders. It’s a new favorite and tastes clean and crisp with hints of barley malt.
Your local Kroger should have everything you need. Be sure to look for the Pepperidge Farm + Warsteiner in-store display.
Check out the Kroger Game Day Greats site for coupons and discounts on the beer and buns.
Hungry for more?
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm® Bakery Classics Sweet and Soft Slider Buns
- 1 bottle buffalo wing sauce
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded, or 2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 6 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Layer the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole pan with the bottoms of the Pepperidge Farm® Bakery Classics Sweet and Soft Slider Buns.
- Mix together 2 to 3 cups of the shredded chicken with 1 to 2 cup of the buffalo sauce. If you prefer your sandwiches on the saucy side add more buffalo sauce.
- Layer the shredded chicken on top of the slider bun bottoms and layer each sandwich with the provolone and mozzarella slices. Place the tops of the slider buns over the cheese slices and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes longer.