Your favorite lasagna is now an easy slow cooker soup recipe.
This winter favorite features layers of noodles, spicy sausage, homemade marinara loaded with onion and mushrooms and topped with creamy mozzarella and ricotta cheeses.
This lasagna soup recipe is everything you can imagine in one bowl.
I love lasagna, but it really is time consuming. This is the perfect solution to getting the taste without the time investment. ~ Leslie
It’s easy to prep. Easy to cook. After all, your crockpot does all the hard work.
It’s finally getting cold in Ohio and it’s darker earlier.
When dinner time rolls around I need something easy to serve. And sometimes soup is the answer.
But this is no ordinary soup recipe.
It’s comforting… it’s hearty… and it feeds crowd.
This slow cooker lasagna soup has all the essentials of traditional lasagna.
How to make lasagna soup in the crockpot
The hardest part about this recipe is browning the sausage.
Once you’ve done that the rest is dump and go.
The lasagna noodles and cheeses go in after six hours of slow cooking.
The ingredients can be tweaked if you would prefer ground beef or chicken. If you are not a fan of mushrooms, add in spinach or chopped zucchini.
The lasagna noodles will take a half an hour submerged in the crockpot to reach al dente.
Any longer and your noodles will start to absorb the broth. It’s an easy fix. Just add more broth to your liking.
What to serve with lasagna soup
- Pear and Butternut Squash Salad with a Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Autumn Pear Salad with Citrus Dressing
- No Knead Dutch Oven Crusty Bread
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 14-ounce can chopped fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ricotta cheese, for garnish
- Mozzarella cheese, for garnish
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Brown the sausage over medium heat for five minutes. Drain the grease and transfer the cooked sausage to a crock pot.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, red pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, Salt pepper and oregano and slow cook covered on low heat for six hours.
- Submerge the broken lasagna noodles into the soup. Cover and cook until the noodles are just cooked, 30 minutes longer.
- Garnish each bowl of lasagna soup with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and fresh basil.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!