Your favorite lasagna is now an easy lasagna soup recipe.
This fall and winter favorite features layers of noodles, spicy sausage, homemade marinara loaded with onion and mushrooms and topped with creamy mozzarella and ricotta cheeses.
This crockpot lasagna soup recipe is everything you can imagine in one bowl.
I love lasagna, but it really is time consuming. This is the perfect comfort food to getting the taste without the time investment. ~ Leslie
It’s easy to prep.
Easy to cook.
After all, your crockpot does all the hard work.
It’s finally getting cold in Ohio and it’s darker earlier.
This one pot lasagna soup has all the essentials of traditional lasagna.
When dinner time rolls around I need an easy recipe to serve the whole family.
This delicious recipe makes enough for the next day and perfect for busy weeknights.
And sometimes a hearty soup is the answer.
But this is no ordinary soup recipe.
It’s lasagna in soup form.
It’s comforting… it’s delicious… and the best part of this simple meal is that it feeds a crowd.
Gather a few items from the grocery store for the best lasagna soup, then set it and forget it.
How to make lasagna soup in the crockpot
The hardest part about this recipe is browning the sausage.
Once you’ve done that the rest is dump and go.
The lasagna noodles and cheeses go in after six hours of slow cooking.
The ingredients can be tweaked if you would prefer ground beef or chicken.
If you are not a fan of mushrooms, add in fresh spinach or chopped zucchini.
The lasagna noodles will take a half an hour submerged in the crockpot to reach al dente.
Any longer and your noodles will start to absorb the broth.
It’s an easy fix.
Just add more broth to your liking.
Serve each bowl of soup with lots of cheese and serve with your favorite crusty garlic bread.
What to serve with lasagna soup
- Pear and Butternut Squash Salad with a Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Autumn Pear Salad with Citrus Dressing
- No Knead Dutch Oven Crusty Bread
- How to make grilled romaine lettuce
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 14-ounce can chopped fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into smaller pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ricotta cheese, for garnish
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, for garnish
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet on the stove top over medium-high heat for five minutes. Drain the grease and transfer the cooked sausage to a crock pot.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, red pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, salt pepper and oregano and slow cook covered on low heat for six hours.
- Submerge the broken uncooked pasta noodles into the soup. Cover and cook until the noodles are just cooked, 30 minutes longer.
- Garnish each bowl of lasagna soup with a dollop of ricotta and mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.
- Store any leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!