S’mores Brownie Bars are everything you love about a traditional s’more including graham crackers, chocolate and ooey gooey marshmallows. No fire required!
But they can be served year round, even when there’s snow on the ground.
These chocolatey and chewy brownies sit on a crumbled layer of graham crackers and are topped with ooey-gooey toasted marshmallows.
The best thing about this easy brownie recipe is that it uses your favorite boxed brownie mix.
What you’ll need to make this s’ mores brownies recipe
- A box of your favorite boxed brownie mix. Don’t forget the eggs and oil in the mix requires it.
- A bag of mini marshmallows
- A box of fresh honey graham crackers
- White sugar
How to make these fudgy s’mores brownies
Follow these easy steps to make these deliciously fabulous brownies.
- Crumble the graham crackers and in a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar with the crumbs. Press the mixture into a prepared brownie pan and bake it until golden brown.
- Next, make the boxed brownie mix according to the packaged directions. You most likely will need eggs and oil so be sure to have those ingredients handy.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the graham cracker crust and bake brownies for about 45 minutes or as directed on the box instructions.
- Pull the pan from the oven and add an even layer of mini marshmallows on top being generous and making sure the brownies are completely covered.
- Switch the oven to BROIL and return the pan to the oven leaving the door ajar and watch those brownies like a hawk to keep them from burning.
- Once the marshmallows start to turn brown pull the pan from the oven and allow this delicious treat to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into.
Making these brownie bars couldn’t be simpler. This is an easy recipe to bring to any party or barbecue.
Follow these easy tips for the perfect bar
- Crush about 24 graham cracker pieces in a plastic zipped bag using a rolling pin.
- You want to use a sheet of parchment paper or oiled aluminum foil in the bottom of a brownie pan to make removing the brownies from the pan easy.
- Speaking of easy, pick up a box of your favorite milk chocolate brownie box mix to keep things simple. Or follow my recipe for homemade brownies.
- When browning the marshmallows keep a close eye on them so that they don’t burn.
- When slicing the cooled brownies, spray a knife with cooking spray beforehand to keep things from sticking and to keep your pan of brownies looking pretty.
So how do they taste?
Like the real thing.
More delicious brownie recipes
- Fudgy Guinness Brownies with Dark Chocolate and Hazelnuts
- Easy Pumpkin Brownies with Brownie Mix (Fall Dessert)
- Milk’s Favorite Oreo Brownies
- 65 Easy Things to Eat with Dark Chocolate Hummus
How to Make the Best S’mores Brownie Bars (Easy Recipe)
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 box of brownie boxed mix, plus required ingredients
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare the graham cracker crust by mixing together the crumbs, butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 x 9 inch square pan. Press the graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan, on top of the parchment.
- Bake the graham cracker crust for 12 to 14 minutes until light golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes while preparing the brownie mix in a mixing bowl according to the package directions. (You'll most likely need eggs and oil to prepare the brownie batter.)
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the graham cracker crust and return the pan to the oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the brownies have finished cooking.
- Remove the brownies and add enough mini marshmallows on top of the brownies to completely cover the brownies.
- Switch your oven to the broil function. Place the brownie pan in the oven with the door slightly ajar. The marshmallows will begin to brown very quickly, within a minute, so stay close to the oven and remove the pan from the stove to prevent burning.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely. Spray a sharp knife with cooking spray for a clean cut before slicing the brownies into bars.
- Store smores brownies in an airtight container after completely cooled to room temperature.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!