This no bake strawberry ice box cake is made with vanilla wafers and screams SUMMER. This dessert is topped with sweet clouds of mascarpone flavored whipped cream and ruby red strawberries.
My Strawberry Ice Box Cake is an ideal way to kick off your summer celebrations.
The key ingredient – vanilla wafers.
Do you remember reaching for the box of vanilla wafers as a kid?
It was my go-to snack.
I’d eat these plain right out of the box as well as buried in desserts my mom would make with creamy puddings and fresh fruit. It takes me back to my childhood.
I love that vanilla wafers are still in my pantry for my own children.
These cookies are a classic and I love to serve them up for my kids and their friends.
When you want something sweet, they are the perfect thing to reach for.
What is a strawberry ice box cake?
An ice box cake is a dessert that does not require any time in the oven. It can be prepared and stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
I love an icebox cake in the heat of summer. No one wants to be working in a hot kitchen.
My Strawberry Ice Box Cake is a no-bake dessert that is perfect for any summer holiday. It serves a crowd.
To make this recipe I picked up a box of vanilla wafers at my local Kroger, a pound of the juiciest strawberries, a tub of mascarpone cheese, and some whipping cream.
My plan was to make this icebox cake the next day so we had it for the weekend.
I pulled out all the ingredients for my recipe when I discovered the half eaten box of vanilla wafers. Good thing the grocery store is so close.
Note to self: Buy 2 or more boxes of vanilla wafers for hungry snack thieves!
They really are the perfect snack. They are delicious as is and lucky for my boys they loved the icebox cake.
This recipe was simple to make. I created layers of vanilla wafers topped with whipped cream, mascarpone cheese and strawberries.
After a day in the fridge the wafers softened and flavors melded together perfectly.
No kid can say no! No adult can say no!
My Strawberry Ice Box Cake makes the perfect summer nostalgic dessert.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Strawberry Ice Box Cake with Vanilla Wafers
- 1 box Keebler Vanilla Wafers
- 8 ounce tub mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups fresh whipping cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pound strawberries, chopped
- Chop the strawberries and place in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar to the strawberries and let the berries macerate in their juices for 10 minutes.
- Using a mixer, whip the cream until heavy peaks form. Next, add in the mascarpone cheese, vanilla and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and beat until the mascarpone cheese is blended into the cream.
- Using a 9-inch springform pan or a 11 x 7 baking dish, place a layer of wafers on the bottom of the pan. Break a few wafers and place the pieces in the open spots.
- Top with 1/4 of the whipped cream and 1/3 of the strawberries. Create two more layers of cookies, whipped cream mixture and strawberries. Top with the last of the whipped cream mixture and refrigerate for several hours up to a day before serving. When ready to serve, release the springform and top with fresh strawberries.
Love strawberries? Check out these tasty recipe
- Grilled Flank Steak Salad with Strawberries
- Red, White & Blue Trifles
- Strawberry Watermelon Popsicles
- Balsamic Strawberry Toasted Crostini with Ricotta & Fresh Basil
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!