Need a simple dinner that you can get on the table quickly – one that packs a little heat to warm you up this winter. My Tex-Mex Pork Stew is the answer.
Succulent shredded pork, fire roasted tomatoes and fiber rich black beans are the key ingredients in this southwestern stew.
But the secret is a jar of green salsa verde. It adds a punch of heat and flavor that’s reminiscent of true authentic Mexican and Texas cuisine.
It’s cold in Ohio and I am always on the lookout for new stew and soup recipes to keep warm.
You’ll never find me in the canned soup aisle of the grocery store because whipping up homemade it’s just so simple and so much better for you.
This Tex-Mex Pork Stew couldn’t be easier. It’s the perfect dinner and also a great stew to serve on game day. It’s hearty and keeps you satisfied.
I usually prefer to cook up the pork tenderloin ahead of time. It’s a go-to protein source in my house so when I’m making a pork tenderloin I usually make more than one.
Many times pork tenderloin comes two to a pack. Use one for the stew.
Here’s an easy recipe for the other pork tenderloin. I promise it’s a favorite the entire family will devour.
With that said, this recipe is as easy as throwing everything in a pot, getting it hot and serving.
These are easy to make and are a delicious way to stay warm this winter. Hearty, full of veggies and just good for you!
Hungry for more?
Pin this recipe on Pinterest!
Flip this recipe on Flipboard!
Tex-Mex Pork Stew
- 1 16- ounce jar salsa verde
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 15- ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15- ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 small pork tenderloin, roasted and shredded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Season the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 150°F.
- If you have a stand mixer, cut the pork tenderloin into sections and shred the pork in the mixer bowl at medium speed. Another option, is to use two forks to shred the meat.
- Pour the salsa verde into a large enough soup pot and bring to medium heat. Stir in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, black beans, shredded pork tenderloin and cumin. Allow the stew to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish each bowl with your favorite toppings including sliced avocado, sour cream or diced green onions.