This zucchini banana bread recipe use up overripe bananas and extra zucchini from the garden in this easy, moist quick bread.
It’s the best of both worlds. If you love banana bread and you love zucchini bread you’re going to love this combination.
Made in one bowl, this zucchini banana bread is moist from the zucchini and sweet, thanks to overripe bananas.
The crunch of chopped pecans gives this loaf texture.
Any way I can sneak extra veggies into my family’s food the better.
I have lots of different versions of quick breads and muffins on Home & Plate.
This post contains amazon affiliate links which means if you make a purchase after clicking one of those links, I will receive a small commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to make this zucchini banana bread recipe
This recipe comes together easily. The hardest part is grating the zucchini.
Why does my quick bread crack on top?
That’s completely normal. The crack on top happens when the loaf “sets” in the oven before the bread is finished rising.
How will I know the zucchini banana bread is finished baking?
I like to check for doneness by using a toothpick. After about 45 minutes you’ll want to start testing. If your toothpick comes out clean the bread is done. otherwise add an additional 5 to 10 minutes baking time.
Does zucchini banana bread taste like zucchini?
You really don’t taste the zucchini. But you will definitely taste the sweetness of the bananas and the crunchy texture from the pecans.
Do you peel zucchini before shredding?
You do not have to peel the zucchini before making the zucchini banana bread. Just be sure to wash the zucchini before grating it.
Can you freeze this zucchini banana bread recipe?
Yes. Just be sure to wrap it tightly in an airtight container before freezing. I like to slice the bread ahead of time and pull out a few slices at a time. Otherwise keep it tightly wrapped. No need to refrigerate.
More recipes using zucchini
- Baked Stuffed Zucchini
- Chicken & Zucchini Burgers
- Fresh Zucchini Parmesan Stacks
- Grilled Zucchini with Feta & Pine Nuts
BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER TO GET THE BEST RECIPES IN YOUR MAILBOX FOR THE SEASON – SIGN UP HERE
Zucchini Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup mashed bananas, very ripe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Mash the bananas and grate the zucchini and set aside.
- Using a mixer, blend together the eggs, sugars, vanilla and oil.
- Add the flours, baking soda, powder and salt and mix well.
- Add in the pecans, bananas and zucchini and mix until blended.
- Pour the batter evenly into the loaf pans and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the loaves to cool completely then remove from the pans and slice.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
Recipe creator and photographer￼
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!