Lemon Basil Grilled Shrimp & Couscous
Marinated grilled shrimp flavored with lemon zest and basil served on a bed of Parmesan couscous is an easy spring and summer dinner that can be on your table in under an hour.
- 1 box couscous
- 3/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Metal or wooden skewers
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup lemon juice, olive oil, lemon peel, mustard, garlic, basil and pepper. Add the shrimp and mix to completely coat. Let the shrimp marinate for 30 minutes.
- Once the shrimp have finished marinating, thread the shrimp onto metal or wooden skewers. Grill the shrimp over medium heat, rotating once, for a total of 3 to 4 minutes or until the shrimp has turned pink and is cooked through.
- Prepare the couscous according to the box directions. After the couscous has finished cooking, add 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and stir to mix. Keep covered.
- Serve the shrimp over couscous and garnish with fresh chopped basil.