Hearty Winter Beef Stew
This healthy winter stew if chock full of tender beef and vegetables and can be made on the stove top or crockpot.
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh button mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Hunt's Fire Roasted tomatoes
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces) beef broth
- Salt and pepper
In a large stockpot, add the stew meat and let the beef marinate in the dressing for about 30 minutes. Next, brown the beef and onion over medium high heat.
Add the remaining vegetables and soften for a minute. Add the tomatoes and the broth and stir until mixed. Continue to cook on low heat for two hours covered.