Refrigerator dill pickles
These easy refrigerator dill pickles are made using fresh cucumbers in a flavorful brine - no canning required.
Servings 3 jars
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons mustard seed
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, cracked
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 stems of fresh dill leaves
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 English cucumbers, cut into 1-inch slices
Heat the vinegar, salt, mustard seed and garlic in a small pot over medium high heat until the salt has dissolved.
Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
Add in the dill, the bay leaves and the sliced cucumbers and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
Transfer the pickles and brine to jars or bottles and chill in the refrigerator.