Hash Brown Chicken Casserole
This easy cheesy hash brown chicken casserole hits the spot on a cold fall night. Can you say comfort food?
Servings 12 people
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes, Southern Style
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup summer sweet corn, canned or fresh
- 2 C sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 cups cooked shredded roasted chicken
- 2 cups bread crumbs, Ritz cracker crumbs or corn flake crumbs
Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes in 9 by 13 baking dish. In a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients, except the crumbs. Pour the soup and vegetable mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle the crumbs on top. Bake for 1 hour or until the top is golden brown.