Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
Your favorite lasagna is now an easy slow cooker soup recipe.
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 14-ounce can chopped fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ricotta cheese, for garnish
- Mozzarella cheese, for garnish
- Fresh basil, for garnish
Brown the sausage over medium heat for five minutes. Drain the grease and transfer the cooked sausage to a crock pot.
Add the onion, mushrooms, red pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, Salt pepper and oregano and slow cook covered on low heat for six hours.
Submerge the broken lasagna noodles into the soup. Cover and cook until the noodles are just cooked, 30 minutes longer.
Garnish each bowl of lasagna soup with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and fresh basil.