Baked Skillet Pasta with an Easy Sausage Ragu
This easy baked skillet pasta recipe features the flavors of pork sausage and fennel in a red wine ragu. It’s cheesy, meaty and delicious and can be on your table in under an hour.
- 1 24-ounce jar HemisFares Sugo alla Materana com Barolo (Sausage and Fennel Ragu with Barolo Wine Pasta Sauce)
- 1 12-ounce bag HemisFares Orecchiette
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup Bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Boil the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
Brown the sausage in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions, sweet red pepper and mushrooms until softened.
Stir in the orecchiette and pasta sauce and mix well to coat the pasta.
Mix together the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and spread evenly over the pasta. Transfer the cast-iron skillet to the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the cheese has browned and is bubbly.
Allow the cast-iron skillet to cool for five minutes before serving.