Autumn Pear Salad with Citrus Dressing
Sweet pears on a bed of greens with a tangy citrus dressing is the perfect salad for fall. Serve this Autumn Pear Salad on your holiday table.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup orange juice, from one orange
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large ripe pears, cored and sliced
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
Place the shallots, mustard, orange and lemon juices, honey, salt, pepper and olive oil in a mason jar or large measuring cup.
Use an immersion blender to mix the ingredients well. Next, combine the lettuces, pears and goat cheese in a bowl. Serve with the dressing.