Granny Smith Apple Pecan Chicken Salad
Skip the Wendy's drive-through and instead make your own apple pecan chicken salad from scratch.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 1 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups baby spring lettuce mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, optional
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
To prepare the chicken place the beaten egg into a shallow bowl. Dip each breast into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs. Transfer each to the hot skillet. Cook the chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
Transfer the chicken to a platter to cool. Then chop each chicken breast into cubes.
Whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
Arrange the greens in two bowls. Top with chicken and apples. Sprinkle with pecans and drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad.