Crockpot Turkey Meatball Subs
Put your slow cooker to work and take the guesswork out of what to serve for dinner by making turkey meatball subs using store-bought turkey meatballs.
- 1 Farm Rich package Turkey Meatballs
- 1 package hoagie rolls
- 1 28- ounce can crushed tomato
- 2 14- ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Parsley, oregano and basil to taste
- 1 package mozzarella cheese slices
- 1 package provolone cheese slices
Add the onion, garlic and tomatoes to a crockpot on low heat. Mix in a dash of parsley, oregano and basil to taste. Nestle the meatballs on top of the sauce and allow the slow cooker to slow simmer for 3 to 4 hour. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the meatballs and slow cook for another 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Spoon plenty of sauce and meatballs onto hoagie rolls, top with slices of mozzarella and provolone cheese and place the sandwiches under a broiler for a minute or until the cheese has melted and the bun has browned. Serve immediately.