Halftime Sliders with Bacon & Cheddar Cheese
There's nothing better than sitting around on a Sunday afternoon gobbling up juicy, beef sliders while watching football.
- 1 pound ground beef, 85% lean
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese,cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 4 slices American cheese, cut in half
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- Wheat dinner rolls or slider buns, sliced in half
- Lettuce, tomato & onion slices (optional)
In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, crumbled bacon and sharp cheddar cheese using your hands. Divide the beef into eight 2-ounce balls then flatten into slider patties. Sprinkle each patty with salt and pepper.
Using a cast iron skillet or grill pan, heat your pan to medium heat. Sauté the patties for approximately four minutes a side or until done. Add the American cheese to each slider during the last minute of cooking and cover the pan with a lid to encourage melting.
Serve immediately on the slider rolls and top with your favorite toppings and condiments.