Mint & Honey Hawaiian Shrimp Skewers
Bring the flavors of the Hawaiian islands to your table with these tasty grilled shrimp and pineapple skewers.
- 15 - 20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup pineapple, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
In a measuring cup, stir together the oil, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, garlic, honey and black pepper. Set aside half the mixture for brushing onto the shrimp while grilling.
Allow the shrimp to marinate in the mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Thread the skewers with a chunk of pineapple alternating with a shrimp. Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and brush each side occasionally with the reserved marinade. Grill until the shrimp are pink, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Garnish the skewers with the freshly chopped mint and serve immediately.