Anjou Pear & Blackberry Salad with a Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Enjoy this Pear & Blackberry Salad - pears, blackberries and almonds are placed on a bed of greens and topped with a warm bacon vinaigrette.
- 1 Anjou pear, cored and sliced lengthwise
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, optional
- 4 ounces baby spring mix salad greens or fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoon reserved bacon drippings
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small jar mix together the warm bacon drippings, cider vinegar, rice vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Shake or whisk well.
Place the greens in a large bowl. Add the sliced pears, blackberries, crumbled bacon and sliced almonds. Top with crumbled goat cheese and the warm bacon vinaigrette.