Compound Butter with Garlic, Shallots & Herbs
Compound Butter with Garlic, Shallots & Herbs makes the nicest homemade holiday gift for a neighbor or friend. Use it on steaks, chicken and fish!
Servings 1 stick
- 1 stick butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoons shallots, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Plastic wrap or parchment paper
Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and mix well. Using a rubber spatula, scoop the mound of butter onto a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Using one end of the wrap or paper, mold the wrap around the butter rolling and forming it into a log.
Refrigerate the compound butter for 2 hours. Slice the butter into 1/4-inch thick round discs and add it to your steak, chicken or fish after it has finished cooking. Allow the butter to melt the serve.