Breaded Chicken Cutlets with Herbed Mushrooms
Breaded Chicken Cutlets are sauteed with fresh herbs and mushrooms and simmered in a cream sherry sauce for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 2 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 (4-ounce) boneless skinless cutlets
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cream sherry
- 1 14-ounce can of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons each of rosemary and sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, chopped
Slice two boneless skinless chicken breasts in half lengthwise or prepare for chicken cutlets and season with salt and pepper. Dredge each piece of chicken in breadcrumbs.
Bring the oil in a large skillet pan to medium heat and sauté the chicken cutlets until they are cooked golden in color, about four minutes a side.
Remove the cutlets to a platter and add the mushrooms. And the butter and sauté the mushrooms for about four minutes. At the fresh herbs and sherry and stir for another minute. Add the chicken broth and simmer until the liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
Serve the herbed mushrooms and sauce over the chicken cutlets.