Classic Old Bay Crab Cakes with Roasted Red Peppers
The secret to these classic crab cakes is that the succulent crab meat is mixed with just the right amount of crunchy Panko breadcrumbs.
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs Parmesan and herb flavored
- 1/2 red pepper roasted and diced
- 4 green onions diced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Mix together all the ingredients well, using your hands if necessary. Shape into eight patties. Be sure to refrigerate the crab cakes for about 30 minutes before cooking. It helps to keep them together while cooking.
Using a cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and add the crab cakes to the pan when hot. Fry them flipping once until golden brown on each side, for a total of about 5 to 6 minutes.
Serve with lemon wedges or cocktail sauce.