Jamican Jerk Chicken
This Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe is marinated in the authentic flavors of cinnamon, allspice and fiery peppers then oven baked until tender.
Servings 4 people
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 15- ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
Combine all the ingredients except for the chicken into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
Place the chicken in a 9 x 13“ baking pan and pour the marinade on top. Allow the chicken to chill for at least two hours.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Roast the chicken for one hour, occasionally spooning the sauce over the chicken until cooked through and tender.
- Substitute 8 chicken legs or thighs in place of bone-in breasts.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chopped scotch bonnet pepper for a spicier marinade.