Wild Rice Salad
This wild rice salad with carrots, toasted pecans, crunchy pepitas
and sweet cranberries can be ready in 20 minutes and it’s delicious
anytime of the year.
- 2 cups wild rice or wild rice blend, cooked and cooled
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup toasted pepitas
- 3 cups mixed greens, kale, arugula or spinach
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
To make the dressing combine the shallot, honey, olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
In a large bowl combine the rice, carrots, pecans, cranberries and pepitas.
Drizzle the dressing over the rice mixture mixing to combine. Serve the rice mixture over the greens.