Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella and Arugula Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
This tomato arugula mozzarella salad recipe is loaded with sweet summer tomatoes, creamy mozzarella cheese and fresh grown basil.
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, yellow, orange and red, halved
- 3 ounces baby arugula, about 4 cups
- 1 container Ciliegine mozzarella balls
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the arugula in a large salad bowl and drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil. Season the arugula with fresh ground pepper and a sprinkle of salt.
Toss the tomatoes and mozzarella in a medium bowl with 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and season with a sprinkle of salt and fresh ground pepper.
Spoon the tomatoes over the arugula and drizzle with more olive oil and balsamic vinegar as needed.