Surprise your sweetie this Valentine’s Day with something to satisfy their sweet tooth. Show your love with homemade Valentine M&M Oatmeal Cookies.
These sweet treats are the perfect way to celebrate the holiday. My kids are huge fans of oatmeal cookies. They’re chewy and crispy like oatmeal cookies should taste but have the addition of milk chocolate M&Ms for a burst of sweetness.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and in this house we keep things happy and lively. Lots of sweet homemade treats, hand written poetry and sweet notes and flowers. Lots of flowers!
My boys are learning about affection and love, two very important characteristics for the future and for happy marriages.
Back to the cookies! This traditional oatmeal cookie recipe simply swaps out the raisins and nuts for sweet Valentine colored M&Ms.
Be sure to check out my top 10 Round Up of Fabulous and Unique Valentine’s Day Cookies next week on the blog.
Valentine M&M Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1 11- ounce bag of M&Ms, valentine colors
- Preheat the oven to 350°F if using dark colored cookie sheets. Otherwise heat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until smooth. At the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Blend in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Stir in the oats and 1.5 cups of the M&Ms.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool before removing them from the baking sheets.