Peach frozen yogurt flavored with honey and a hint of rosemary is the best way to cool off on a hot summer’s day!
A hint of rosemary paired with raw honey and juicy, ripe peaches picked at the height of summer are puréed for this five -star frozen yogurt recipe.
I wanted to create a frozen peach dessert low in sugar yet healthy. But, I also wanted something out of the ordinary yet savory.
Rosemary Honey Peach Frozen Yogurt was born!
Is peach frozen yogurt healthy?
Yes! If you are trying to stick to a low fat diet and you are staying away from ice cream then this is the perfect alternative for you.
This frozen dessert is made with greek yogurt instead of cream. It’s healthier for you than regular ice cream. In fact, Greek yogurt is full of protein, calcium and is good for your digestive health.
What ingredients are in Peach Frozen Yogurt?
Honey, rosemary, peaches and Greek yogurt. That’s it!
Rosemary is one of those evergreen herbs that is aromatic. Did you know it is a member of the mint family?
So I infused the honey with a sprig of rosemary for optimal flavoring.
I grow my own herbs in the summertime and I wish I could grow my own peach trees. The peaches have been absolutely nectar sweet this year. I’ll settle for fresh peaches wherever I can find them.
Only four ingredients makes up this easy recipe. The end result is creamy and delicious. My family loved it.
They had no idea they were eating frozen yogurt instead of ice cream.
Other frozen desserts you should try:
- Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe with Lemon Curd
- Gelato Pizzelle Cookies – Sicilian Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- Pineapple Milkshake
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Rosemary Honey Peach Frozen Yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary,
- 3 large peaches, peeled and chopped
- 20 ounces Greek yogurt, vanilla
- Freeze the base of your ice cream maker for at least 24 hours prior to making the frozen yogurt.
- Heat honey and the sprig of rosemary over medium heat until the honey starts to gently boil. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the honey to cool. Remove the sprig of rosemary from the pot after the honey has cooled.
- Add the yogurt, honey and chopped peaches to a blender and purée until smooth.
- Plug in the machine, add the frozen yogurt base and let the machine churn for about 40 minutes until the yogurt has a soft serve like consistency.
- Remove the frozen yogurt to a large storage tub and freeze it until it is hardened completely. Enjoy this summer sweet novelty for dessert.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!