This easy no-bake dessert features summer’s sweetest peaches and fresh blueberries.
Layered with angel food cake and yogurt, this dessert is actually lower in calories and healthier than other trifles that use mascarpone or cream cheese.
Angel food cake is lower in calories than poundcake.
And the yogurt in this recipe is actually good for you.
It’s full of probiotics which means it’s good for your gut.
This guilt-free summer dessert that can be served up at any barbecue.
What kind of dish do you serve trifle in?
Like my Red, White & Blue Trifles, you can prepare them individually or in one large trifle bowl.
You can use a large glass bowl without a stand, individual mason jars or small glasses for this perfect dessert.
It also makes the best centerpiece presentation for the summer holiday season.
The beauty of a trifle is that you just can’t mess up this easy dessert.
Serve up this trifle recipe of Memorial day, Fourth of July and Labor Day.
What do I need to make a trifle?
This perfect summer dessert is easy to make and easily adjustable.
- Use fresh berries of any kind.
- Fresh fruit or pie filling mix.
- Use pound cake instead of angel food cake.
- Make homemade whipped cream or buy premade.
I just can’t eat enough.
Every time I sync my teeth into one I want to start singing.
“Movin’ to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches…”
Remember that song?
It was sung by the Presidents of the United States of America.
I’m sure our current as well as former leaders would have approved of this summer dessert delight!
The peaches are so sweet this summer!
HOW TO PICK THE PERFECT PEACH
- Get them fresh from the farmer’s market.
- Peaches should be colorful and bright. The lighter in color the less sun they have received.
- Peaches should feel heavy in your hand.
- Peaches should smell fragrant.
- Store them at room temperature until they squeeze gently to the touch.
- Store them in the fridge and eat them before they start to wrinkle.
More summer desserts
Easy Peach Blueberry Trifle Recipe (Summer Dessert)
- 32 ounce container of peach flavored yogurt, or several individual 6 ounce packs
- 1 store-bought angel food cake, diced into cubes
- Fresh peaches and blueberries
- Whipped cream
- Slice the peaches into thin slices or cubes.
- Slice the angel food cake into cubes.
- Prepare the whipping cream using a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and large bowl. Whip the cream on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Add spoonfuls of sugar to your taste.
- Layer individual or one large trifle dish with angel food cake, then yogurt. Combine peaches with blueberries.
- Add remaining cake cubes to the glasses create additional layers.
- Top each glass with a dollop of whipped cream before serving.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!