Fresh shrimp grilled pink to perfection is the perfect source of protein for any summer salad. Toss in some nectar sweet blackberries, crunchy almonds and crumbled blue cheese for a lunch worthy meal.
I love summer. I look forward to my beach vacation to the Outer Banks in North Carolina every July.
My kids spend countless hours in the ocean waves. It’s a time for my husband and me to relax and spend some quality time together and with family and there’s nothing like eating fresh fish and seafood pulled that morning from the ocean. We love it!
You can’t get fresh fish like this in Ohio so we enjoy it every chance we get.
We enjoy a few cocktails as well and indulge a little bit more than we should which is why this grilled shrimp salad with blackberries is the perfect light lunch that’s healthy and so tasty.
Hot grilled shrimp is the perfect topper for a bed of greens. A sprinkle of pepper and a drizzle of honey and olive oil is all you need when skewering your shrimp. About 5 minutes on the grill and we are ready for business.
I love the combination of grilled shrimp with fruit. Blackberries are bursting with flavor and are in season and ready for picking. I knew they would be excellent in this salad. Be sure to try my grilled peach and shrimp salad too.
A drizzle of my homemade honey balsamic vinaigrette give the right amount of zing without the added calories of store-bought dressing.
I enjoyed this salad while sitting on the decks of the beach house listening to the ocean. This was the perfect lunch.
It’s been hot and I’ve been on a salad kick lately. Be sure to check out my other salad recipes if you’re wishing to change it up from a typical lunchtime sandwich.
I’m counting down the days to when I return to the OBX.
Grilled Shrimp Salad with Blackberries
- 4 cups baby spring lettuce mix
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- Wooden skewers
- Olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- 4 ounces blackberries
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the grill to medium. Thread the shrimp onto wooden skewers. Drizzle the shrimp with olive oil, honey and add pepper to taste. Grill the shrimp on both sides for a total of 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small jar whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lettuce mix in a bowl. Arrange the shrimp on top of the salad. Next, top with almonds and blue cheese. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and serve.
What You’ll Need for this Recipe