My copycat diner meatloaf is slow roasted and glazed with a sweet barbecue sauce and melts in your mouth. It is the ideal comfort food and a delicious meal no one can say no to!
Ingredients to make Copycat Diner Meatloaf
Tips on how to make meatloaf juicy
Why is my meatloaf falling apart?
How will I know the copycat diner meatloaf is done?
Copycat Diner Meatloaf
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons molasses
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 ounces of ground veal
- 10 ounces ground pork
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 1/4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 1/4 teaspoons heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
To make the barbecue sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer for 20 minutes. Allow the sauce to cool.
To make meatloaf:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine meats, egg, bread crumbs, herbs, garlic and cream. Mix well. Add mushroom and onion mixture. Add 2 tablespoons of the prepared barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Press meat mixture firmly into loaf pan. Cover it with foil and bake 60 to 75 minutes.
- Remove the foil and drain any grease in the bottom of the loaf pan with a baster.
- Coat with the loaf with barbecue sauce. Bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the meatloaf into slices and serve with the barbecue sauce.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
Sharing easy recipes to help you be more confident in the kitchen.
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!