There’s nothing like a grilled filet mignon topped with sautéed mushrooms. But soak those mushrooms in a dark Guinness Stout and you’ll take your dinner to the next level.
Beef, chicken or pork are perfect complements for these beer soaked button mushrooms. They impart the subtle flavor of the stout and are absolutely delicious.
Buy the mushrooms presliced to cut down on kitchen prep and pick up a six pack of Guinness Extra Stout. Even if you’re not a fan of dark beer, this ale is an ingredient you will use.
These mushrooms are also easy to make up ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for when you need them. Amp up my hearty winter beef stew by adding these presoaked mushrooms.
Be sure to guard the pan while sautéing because they’re so good they’ve been known to disappear while in the pan on the stove top.
Hungry for more?
Sautéed Guinness Mushrooms
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Guinness stout beer
- Fresh thyme, optional
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Sauté the mushrooms and garlic in butter for about 4 to 5 minutes until they're soft and dark brown. Add the Worcestershire sauce and Guinness beer and cook until the liquid has thickened and has reduced by half. Serve the mushrooms over chicken, beef or pork. Garnish with thyme.